More on Subject
- Cartoons and Character at Luella
- Less Is More at Julien Macdonald
- Tough Attitude Counts at Twenty8Twelve
- L'Oréal Paris Honors Female Changemakers
- Bill to Loosen Night Hours for French Retailers Scrapped
- Tajan Sets Auction to Benefit CEW
Hairstylist Peter Gray created a pleat-bun hybrid backstage at Paul Smith Monday. "It's a 'bleat' or a 'bunion,'" he quipped, adding he aimed to inject a sense of eccentricity into a classic shape.
Gray, who was working with L'Oréal Professionnel, gathered a ponytail into a bun at the back of the head and gradually pulled sections from the front to the back into a pleat so demarcations between locks of hair were evident. Gray used products from the Texture Expert range.
Makeup artist Petros Petrohilos, meanwhile, looked to pack a punch with pouts. "It's a very sexy burgundy matte lip," he said, adding he used a Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned to create perfectly shaped pouts. A smidge of eyeliner was smudged between lower eyelashes, while skin had a matte finish.