Most Recent Articles In Publishing
Latest Publishing Articles
- Ralph Erardy, Former WWD Publisher, Dead at 67
- John B. Fairchild Dies at 87
- ASME Analyzes Magazine Advertising Rules
More Articles By
Penske Media Corp., founded in 2003 and based in Los Angeles, is a leading global digital media, publishing, information services and events company. Its properties span the Web, television, mobile, print and social media, reaching 168 million monthly readers. The company boasts 22 digital brands and 93 million video views. Among its brands are Variety, Deadline, Hollywood Life, India.com, Movieline, BGR, @hollywood, and The Health Site. The company has an extensive joint venture in India with Zee TV, as well as 40 annual events/conferences and a research and emerging data business.
PMC’s lifestyle brands provide original content in categories ranging from entertainment, sports, breaking news, media, finance, automotive, tech and health to shopping, fashion and beauty.
RELATED STORY: Penske Media Buying WWD and Fairchild From Condé Nast >>
Below, a breakdown of some of its properties:
• PMC Studios, the television and video partnership arm of PMC, which is responsible for video strategy, production and business development for all the entertainment brands in the PMC portfolio.
• Variety is the Web site and weekly newspaper that covers the entertainment industry worldwide. The Web site has 11 million unique visitors and 33 million page views, while the newspaper has a circulation of 40,000 and over 120,000 readers.
• HollywoodLife.com, which was launched in 2009, covers celebrity, fashion, beauty, entertainment and baby news and has 25 million unique visitors and 147 million page views.
• Deadline Hollywood, purchased by PMC in 2009, focuses on breaking news in the entertainment industry. It has seven million unique visitors and 24 million page views.
• Variety 411, which is made up of business-to-businesss directories, provides resources for film, TV, commercials, video and music production and has 140,000 unique visitors.
• The Health Site is focused on traditional medical issues and has three million unique visitors and seven million page views.
• BGR, Boy Genius Report, breaks news and provides in-depth analysis on products in the mobile and gadget category.
• TV Line, which was launched in 2011, provides television content and is a breaking news source for dozens of media outlets, including Yahoo News, The New York Times and Rolling Stone. It has eight million unique visitors and 22 million page views.
PMC also sponsors events and conferences including the Young Hollywood Awards, the Breakthrough Awards, the Style Awards, Variety Power of Women, Variety Power of Comedy, Variety Dealmakers Breakfast, Television Summit, Entertainment and Technology Summit and Hollywood’s New Leaders.