Most Recent Articles In Media Features
Latest Media Features Articles
WWD's week in quotes, culled from stories that ran the week of February 24 to February 27.
• “We want to reiterate that we’re committed to making things right. We know the breach has shaken the confidence of guests.” — Target chairman, president and ceo Gregg Steinhafel.
• “Versace is a gold mine.” — Versace chief executive officer Gian Giacomo Ferraris.
• “We wanted to show how my brain is working, the way I get inspiration. I just wanted to share that.” — Dries Van Noten.
• “I don’t want to be here for a week and hear, like, ‘Oh he was in front row of each show.’” — Marc Jacobs in Paris to launch his beauty line.
• “Fashion is very much anchored in both Paris’ activities and its identity, but there is competition — with New York following on Paris’ heels.” — Paris mayoral candidate Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet.
• “I’m very happy that others do what they do. I respect my colleagues. I’m happy with what I do, but I feel like a black swan in doing clothes with a function and with an attention to the commercial aspect.” — Giorgio Armani.
• “I believe Renzi is the man that first realized and felt the need for a great renewal of Italian politics.” — Brunello Cucinelli.
• “I needed to make my research stronger, and they are the perfect partner.” — Marco de Vincenzo on his deal with LVMH.
• “It’s pretty incredible to see those windows and, like, our name plastered all over the street in Paris.” — Jack McCollough on Proenza Schouler’s exhibition at Le Bon Marché.
• “I don’t know him; I came to see the exhibit out of curiosity.” — Claude Montana on Dries Van Noten’s exhibition in Paris.
• “I never get cute disguises. Mine are always strangely androgynous.” — Keri Russell at the season 2 premiere of “The Americans.”