Most Recent Articles In Marketing
Latest Marketing Articles
- Mike Toth, Leading Brand Developer, Dies at 62
- Fixing the Angst Among Teen Retailers
- Aritzia Launches 'Full of Heart' Holiday Campaign
More Articles By
Blogs and Brands Collaborate:
• Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes and Tavi Gevinson of Style Rookie will guest blog for Barneys New York during September.
• Coach’s Poppy scavenger hunt and tweet contest, launched Aug. 17, gives away prizes via widgets on 334 blogs.
• J.C. Penney’s American Living summer campaign features Jennine Jacob of The Coveted and Jessica Schroeder of What I Wore, among others.
• J.C. Penney’s back-to-school marketing incorporates six teen video bloggers, including Bethany of MacBarbie07.
• Marshalls is promoting its Cube boutique, a contemporary department inside Marshalls stores, and b-t-s with YouTube videos with Blair Fowler, aka JuicyStar07, and her sister, Elle.
• Ann Taylor is working with Valerie Elizabeth of Society Stylist and 31 other bloggers on “The Little Black Dress Experiment Tours America,” a styling project and contest this month.
• Gap’s fall campaign at gap1969.com features looks and links from personal style bloggers such as Fashion Toast, as well as streetwear blogs like Street Peeper and fashion communities such as Polyvore and Lookbook.nu.
• In May, Coach unveiled four handbags designed by bloggers Krystal Simpson of What Is Reality Anyway, Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere, Karla Deras of Karla’s Closet and Kelly Framel of The Glamourai.
• For the November holiday Blog a Day campaign, dozens of sites and video bloggers incorporated Coach products into their regular content and blogged about giveaways.
• Four bloggers and Coach together created several videos with Flip cams and indie music as part of a March series called MYNY (My New York) that showed Christine Cameron of My Style Pill, Jessica Schroeder of What I Wore, Karen Blanchard of Where Did U Get That? and Joelle Van Dyne and Noelle Vallens of The Owls Are Not What They Seem wearing Coach in various iconic locations in the city, such as the High Line.