More on Subject
- The Editor's Letters: Holiday Helpers
- Memo Pad: IHT Conference Sets A Spring Date... Mastheads Shrink...
Most Recent Articles In Film and TV
Latest Film and TV Articles
- Stylists Prep Stars for SAG Awards, Golden Globes
- Hearst Deepens Digital Ties With Dreamworks Deal
- SAG Awards Get Fashion Race Going
More Articles By
Hollywood and the fashion industry are hopeful a potential Screen Actors Guild strike will not spoil the important marketing and money-making season.
The Jan. 11 Golden Globe dinner and awards ceremony is not in jeopardy but the Oscars could be threatened. The Screen Actors Guild will send out strike authorization ballots on Jan. 23, a day after Academy Award nominations are made public. The Feb. 22 Oscars would be in peril if 75 percent of the union votes for a walkout when ballots are counted Jan. 23.
The Golden Globes, considered a bellwether for the Oscars, is to be broadcast live on NBC at 8 p.m. on Jan. 11.
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
- Anne Hathaway, "Rachel Getting Married"
- Angelina Jolie, "Changeling"
- Meryl Streep, "Doubt"
- Kristin Scott Thomas, "I've Loved You So Long"
- Kate Winslet, "Revolutionary Road"
- Rebecca Hall, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
- Sally Hawkins, "Happy-Go-Lucky"
- Frances McDormand, "Burn After Reading"
- Meryl Streep, "Mama Mia"
- Emma Thompson, "Last Chance Harvey"
- Amy Adams, "Doubt"
- Penelope Cruz, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
- Viola Davis, "Doubt"
- Marisa Tomei, "The Wrestler"
- Kate Winslet, "The Reader"
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series, Drama
- Sally Field, "Brothers and Sisters"
- Mariska Hargitay, "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit"
- January Jones, "Mad Men"
- Anna Paquin, "True Blood"
- Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer"
- Christina Applegate, "Samantha Who?"
- America Ferrara, "Ugly Betty"
- Tina Fey, "30 Rock"
- Debra Messing, "The Starter Wife"
- Mary-Louise Parker, "Weeds"
- Judi Dench, "Cranford"
- Catherine Keener, "An American Crime"
- Laura Linney, "John Adams"
- Shirley Maclaine, "Coco Chanel"
- Susan Sarandon, "Bernard and Doris"
- Eileen Atkins, "Cranford"
- Laura Dern, "Recount"
- Melissa George, "In Treatment"
- Rachel Griffiths, "Brothers and Sisters"
- Dianne Wiest, "In Treatment"