Most Recent Articles In Memo Pad
Latest Memo Pad Articles
- The Editorialist Launches Second Print Issue
- Modern Luxury's James Aguiar Talks September Issue Fashion Shoot
- Lady Gaga to Perform at Harper's Bazaar NYFW Fete
More Articles By
THREE’S A CHARM: L’Officiel’s publisher, Editions Jalou, is launching the title in Greece, Switzerland and Mexico, debuting in each market with a March issue. “March is a good month for fashion publications,” said Benjamin Eymère, Editions Jalou’s managing director.
The family-owned group that also comprises magazines including Jalouse, Optimum, L’Officiel Hommes, L’Officiel Art and L’Officiel Voyage, is organizing a party in Athens on March 26 to celebrate the relaunch of its Greek edition, L’Officiel Hellas, with a new partner — Laskaris Fashion Media — after it ceased publishing there in December 2012.
The Swiss edition that hit newsstands on March 7 is available both in German and French. Swiss model Patricia Schmid fronts the cover of the debut issue shot by Marco Grob.
“One is a market in crisis; one is a big luxury market yet it is curious to observe the absence of internationally renowned titles on the Swiss media landscape,” said Eymère, referring to Greece and Switzerland, respectively. As for the Mexican market, he explained that although there is a presence of American titles, none has L’Officiel’s distinctive French touch.
L’Officiel Mexico editor in chief Pamela Ocampo echoed that sentiment. She added that what sets her edition apart from competitors in the Mexican market is that 70 percent of its content is in its offices in Mexico City. The other 30 percent comes mainly from L’Officiel’s Paris headquarters. “We want to make a statement that we are French but that all the content is produced in Mexico,” Ocampo said. “We tried to keep the French essence in every page but we had to make it look very global and modern.”
The new trio brings the total number of L’Officiel editions up to 36.