Most Recent Articles In Retail
Latest Retail Articles
- Adidas and Foot Locker Partner on New Shop-in-Shop
- Inside China: Strategy Session
- Inside China: The Retail Equation
More Articles By
PEGASUS SHOES, Woodstock, N.Y
1. Cobb Hill Bethany combat boot
2. Ahnu Montara hiking boot
3. Dansko Professional clog
Top fall trend: “We have the largest selection of boots in our history, and they are selling well.”
MOOSE TRACKS, Brevard, N.C.
1. Fly London boots and shoes
2. Naot boots, clogs and Mary Jane styles
3. Merrell barefoot collection
Top fall trend: “People want more short boots,” said store manager Deborah Lee. “We try to stay away from trendy looks. When they are paying $300 for a pair of boots, they don’t want to wear them one or two seasons. They want to wear them for 10 years.”
WHEN THE SHOE FITS, Vancouver, Wash.
1. Dansko Pro XP
2. Romika City Light dress-casual slip-on
3. Alegria Paloma
Top fall trend: “We’ve brought in feminine wingtips from everybody [including] Dansko, Ziera and Naot,” said manager Jason Meredith.
PHILLIPS SHOES, Charleston, S.C.
1. Frye Melissa Button boot
2. Brooks Pure Project running shoes
3. Munro Jerrie flat
Top fall trend: “There’s been a resurgence in athletics,” said GM Ray Kitchen, naming Brooks as a popular brand. “It’s the leader of the pack. It took minimal to a level that more people can understand. Its [minimalist] styles are more crossover looks [that] average consumers can use for casual wear.”
SOLE COMFORT, Albuquerque, N.M.
1. Wolky Passion Mary Jane style and Nambia ankle boot
2. Birkenstock Boston clog
3. Merrell Encore Ripple clog
Top fall trend: “We’re selling a lot of Mary Janes on small heels,” said co-owner Peg Swisher. “They’ve been big for us so we’ve increased our product there.”
COMFORT SHOE GALLERY, Gig Harbor, Wash.
1. Eric Michael Laguna short boot
2. Gabor low heel shootie
3. Taos Samba Mary Jane style
Top fall trend: “[Consumers] want dressier comfort,” said owner Lori Cain. “Shooties on low heels have been very popular.”