More on Subject
- Zappos Milestone: Company Culture
- Zappos Milestone: Focus on Apparel
- Zappos Milestone: Party Pictures
Most Recent Articles In Markets
Latest Markets Articles
- Reebok Inks Sponsorship Deal With UFC
- 5 Questions for Bionda Castana's Natalia Barbieri
- Buzz: Upcoming Launches from Aquatalia, Sendra & More
More Articles By
FN: What is a typical day like for you?
TH: There is no typical day or week. There was one week a few weeks ago where I was speaking at four different conferences in different cities, so it was nonstop travel all week. Sometimes I’m involved in the technology side and the Website feature side, other times on the training side. It’s all over the board, wherever my help is needed.
FN: What are some of your favorite memories from the last 10 years?
TH: We were pretty excited when we signed Nike one or two years ago, also when we made Fortune’s “Best Companies to Work For” list. When we have a record day, which is usually during the fourth quarter, we celebrate at a bar and people wait for the countdown from the live sales report. It’s not so much about the milestone itself, it’s more about the fact that sometimes there are 100 or 200 or 300 people all at this bar, [and it] wasn’t planned out. Seeing people so excited and passionate about the company — that’s what’s exciting, more so than the milestones.
Zappos’ 10 Core Values
1. Deliver “wow” through service.
2. Embrace and drive change.
3. Create fun and a little weirdness.
4. Be adventurous, creative and open-minded.
5. Pursue growth and learning.
6. Build open and honest relationships with communication.
7. Build a positive team and family spirit.
8. Do more with less.
9. Be passionate and determined.
10. Be humble.