Most Recent Articles In Business
Latest Business Articles
- Skechers Sues Fila for Patent Breach
- John Jams: How Varvatos is Amping Up
- Li & Fung Ltd. Details IPO
More Articles By
The American Apparel and Footwear Association named Wolverine, QVC and Gilbert Harrison, among others, as receipts of the organization’s 31st annual American Images Awards.
“This year’s honorees represent the very top leadership of the industry, even Barbie,” said Kevin Burke, president and CEO of the AAFA. “We are very proud to honor their excellent accomplishments.”
The 2009 awards and recipients include:
• Excellence in Lifestyle Branding: Blake Krueger, CEO and president of Wolverine World Wide Inc.
• Retailer of the Year: Mike George, CEO and president of QVC
• Lifetime Achievement: Gilbert Harrison, founder and chairman of Financo Inc.
• Designer of the Year: Norma Kamali
• The Spirit of a Woman Award: Lilly Pulitzer
• Fashion Maverick Award: Barbie
The ceremony is scheduled to take place May 12 at the Grand Hyatt in New York. The Educational Foundation for the Fashion Industries, which serves as an advisory and fundraising body to the Fashion Institute of Technology, will receive 40 percent of the event’s proceeds.