Andrew Rosen in Talks With Proenza Schouler...Designer Christmas Trees...

Talks appear to be ongoing between Andrew Rosen and Proenza Schouler.

View Slideshow

ROSEN’S GAME PLAN: Talks appear to be ongoing between Andrew Rosen and Proenza Schouler. WWD reported in September that Rosen was negotiating with Proenza Schouler about investing in the designer label. Sources said Rosen could be heading an investment group that would buy Permira’s 45 percent stake in the designer firm. Proenza Schouler designers Jack McCollolugh and Lazaro Hernandez, as well as Shirley Cook, the company’s chief executive officer, own the remaining 55 percent.

A Proenza Schouler investment would be separate from Rosen’s other role as founder and co-ceo of Theory, where he also heads up Helmut Lang, owned by Theory’s Japan-based parent, Link Theory Holdings Co. Rosen has personal investments in several contemporary brands, namely Alice + Olivia, Gryphon and Rag & Bone. Both he and Cook were unavailable for comment Thursday. Coming off a strong collection, Proenza Schouler continues to be one of the hottest tickets during New York Fashion Week.

View Slideshow
Page:  ... Next »
load comments


Sign in using your Facebook or Twitter account, or simply type your comment below as a guest by entering your email and name. Your email address will not be shared. Please note that WWD reserves the right to remove profane, distasteful or otherwise inappropriate language.
News from WWD

Sign upSign up for WWD and FN newsletters to receive daily headlines, breaking news alerts and weekly industry wrap-ups.

getIsArchiveOnly= hasAccess=false hasArchiveAccess=false