March 1, 2014
WWD highlights the 10 must-read stories of the week.
1. Fall 2014 Paris Collections
The runways heated up with layers of volume, texture and exaggerated proportions.
2. Versace Plots Growth and Eyes IPO by 2020
The deal was struck between Blackstone and Gianni Versace SpA, which is entirely controlled by GiVi Holding. Blackstone will own 20 percent of Versace SpA, with GiVi Holding maintaining the balance.
3. Jos. A. Bank and Men's Wearhouse to Begin Talks
Advisers for Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc and The Men's Wearhouse are set to begin discussions regarding a possible combination of the two chains.
4. All Eyes on Nicolas Ghesquière's Debut at Louis Vuitton
The anticipation and curiosity about what Ghesquière might parade at Louis Vuitton is matched only by the degree of secrecy cloaking the collection.
5. Marc Jacobs Talks Beauty in Paris
Jacobs took time out from his party guests for a conversation with WWD.
6. J.C. Penney Reports Q4 Profits
J.C. Penney Co. Inc. believes it’s in the third and final leg of its turnaround.
7. Macy's Sets Strategy to Keep Momentum
Macy’s Inc., with year-end results surpassing the competition’s, has a tough act to follow — its own.
8. LVMH Said Investing in Marco de Vincenzo
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has struck a joint venture with the Rome-based designer to develop his fledgling ready-to-wear brand.
9. WWD Digital Beauty Forum
Executives gathered at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in Manhattan for the first WWD Digital Beauty Forum and detailed bold moves in cyberspace.
10. They Are Wearing: Paris Fashion Week
WWD went off the runways and onto the streets and sidewalks for the best looks from Paris Fashion Week.
11. WWD Digital Forum
Executives from Levi's, Asos, Tumblr and Instagram gathered in Los Angeles.