Most Recent Articles In People
Latest People Articles
More Articles By
- "Start your exercise program now. Work at finding something that interests you and keeps you engaged physically and mentally. Find a personal trainer that can help you reach your goals — exercise will improve your physical condition and appearance, which in turn makes one feel good. It also releases endorphins that will help with one's overall mood.
- Get a facial — they are not just a luxury. Getting your skin cleansed and treated professionally will improve its condition.
- Drink plenty of water (not just any liquid will do). Staying hydrated is a must — it helps eliminate the toxins that build up in the body, and we often confuse dehydration with hunger.
- With New York's new, warmer climate, we are seeing bare skin all year-round. Get a spa exfoliation every three months and keep a loofah at home for a weekly regimen. Apply a moisturizer right after a shower or bath while the skin is still warm and pores are still open. For extra-soft and glowing skin, opt for a light oil instead of the typical lotion.
- Regain control over your eating habits. The usual tendency is to let yourself go during the holidays. Now, watch your portions and make a conscious effort to add more fruits and vegetables to your daily diet, but don't deprive yourself. Starving to lose weight will create a negative yo-yo cycle that can become hard to break.
- Try to get eight hours of sleep a night. Sleep is still one of the best beauty secrets around. And for a bonus beauty tip, try to squeeze in a 20-minute nap when you can.