Most Recent Articles In People
Latest People Articles
- Dave Lewis Named CEO of Tesco
- Cam Newton to Front Drakkar Essence Campaign
- Hugo Boss Names Gerard Butler Brand Ambassador
More Articles By
• A brunette Martha Stewart posed with a little boy and a sock puppet for a Miss Clairol ad in 1965. Although the image was hard to track down, Stewart herself remembered the stuffed monkey, which helped P&G’s archive department locate the elusive ad.
• P&G’s Radar Men’s Hair Dressing, launched in 1962, was a favorite of Richard Nixon’s vice president, Spiro Agnew. Despite the product not catching on with consumers, the v.p.’s affinity for the scalp conditioner prompted the company to keep up production for a brief period of time.
• Old Spice was originally Early American Old Spice for Women when it launched in 1937. Old Spice for Men, launched at the end of 1938, will celebrate its 75th Anniversary in 2013.
RELATED STORY: Bob McDonald Looks to the Future of P&G >>
• Mr. Procter and Mr. Gamble both planned to head farther west, but ended up in Cincinnati seeking medical treatment for cholera: Procter to care for his wife, Martha, and Gamble for himself.
• P&G ceo, Neil H. McElroy left the company in 1957 to serve as the U.S. Secretary of Defense.